We are committed to helping people to reach their full potential and to lead happy lives by providing them with psychological help that is based on well researched methods. The psychological help we offer is tailored to suit individual clients. We will work with you in a way that meets your needs and which provides you with the assistance you require. At all stages you will be consulted about the psychological help you are receiving.
We provide psychological services for individuals, couples and families for the following:
- Stress including carer and parent stress
- Pain management
Workplace related coaching and career planning are also provided.
Evening appointments are available.
Clients with a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) are eligible to receive Medicare funded psychological services under the Better Access Program. To obtain a MHCP, please talk to your doctor.
Approaches we use in our work include:
- Mindfulness. Mindfulness helps us become more attentive to the inner and outer world in the present moment. It has been shown to be effective in helping individuals manage stress and deal with painful emotions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). CBT helps clients change unhelpful thinking, behaviours and feelings and it has proven to be particularly helpful for those suffering forma anxiety and/or depression.
- Narrative therapy. Narrative therapy is an approach that places the client as the expert on their own lives. Clients are encouraged to explore their life stories and gain greater understanding of their meaning.
People Matters Pty Ltd has provided consultancy to organisations for the last 20 years. We continue to provide the following services:
- Training in interpersonal skills, stress management, mediation and leadership development
- Mentoring and coaching: This may involve the establishment of facilitated mentoring programs in organisations or working one on one with individuals
- Mediation to resolve disputes between individuals or groups
- Facilitation and strategic planning